I got back from Chicago late Sunday night, so I am still sorting through my pictures. However, I will have many updates form that trip in the next week or two. In the meantime you can see some of my photos and thoughts on my facebook page and by following me on twitter.
Right now, it’s time for yet another monthly update!
So what did I do this month? At the beginning of the month, I took a trip to Shenandoah National Park to hike Old Rag. Hopefully I’ll get a post about that soon. In mid June I visited my college town of Charlottesville, VA. It was a nice escape from the city and it was a chance to eat some favorite foods and take a tubing trip down the James River. Then (obviously) this weekend I took a trip to Chicago to visit a good friend from college.
Anyway, lets talk about whats been going on with the Blog:
L’appel Du Vide Highlights
This month, I continued my coverage of my Iceland trip. First I talked about Renting a Car during your trip to Iceland. I reviewed some of the crazy things I wore during my visit and shared some of my random thoughts. I also reviewed both my puffin and whale watching tours.
Of course, I’ve also continued doing my weekly travel mishap series, Misadventure Mondays. Go check out these interviews to learn more about some of my favorite travel bloggers.
This month I was featured over at Travel Rinse Repeat talking about my favorite place, Charlottesville! I may not have blogged about the trip I took there this month, but hopefully this interview will give you an idea of what I love about the town.
Last month, I mentioned that I was going to begin including blog stats in my monthly updates. Hopefully this will help me (and you all) track my progress on the blogging front.
First up, my social media and ranking stats:
- Twitter Followers: 478 (up from 450)
- Facebook “Likes:” 122 (up from 82)
- RSS Followers: 45 (up from 36)
- Google Page Rank: 3
- Alexa Ranking: 498,925 (down from 703,424)
Next up, money. Here is my earnings graph for the past four months:
As always, I encourage all you new bloggers to sign up for the Art of Travel Blogging which really helped me network to find additional revenue streams, partnerships and advertisers.
Other Travel Blogs
Here are some other blog posts that I enjoyed reading this month which you might want to check out:
- Hole in the Donut blog did a great story about the dark side of a non for profit group in Nepal. The “Three Sisters Trekking” seems to help promote women and help orphans, but there may be another side to the story.
- This has almost nothing to do with travel, but I love Stephanie from Twenty Something Travel’s super cute engagement story.
- The duo behind Two Travelholics set out on their RTW adventure this month wiht a first stop in none other than Iceland! You can go check out all their advertures at their travel blog.
- Suzy Guese shares this awesome story about a roof walk in Stockholm. Whats a roof walk? Read and find out.